Home Learning - Term 6 week 7 please follow the following link to access the Maths videos - https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/year-5/
- 1. Monday 13th July – Year 5 pdf (434.21 KB)
- 2. Tuesday 14th July – Year 5 pdf (373.59 KB)
- 3. Wednesday 15th July – Year 5 pdf (509.10 KB)
- Lesson 1 Answers – Metric units pdf (2.25 MB)
- Lesson 2 Answers – Imperial units pdf (2.39 MB)
- Lesson 3 Answers – Converting units of time pdf (2.23 MB)
- Lesson 4 Answers – Timetables pdf (2.68 MB)
- Lesson 1 – Metric units pdf (1.25 MB)
- Lesson 2 – Imperial units pdf (1.07 MB)
- Lesson 3 – Converting units of time pdf (1.11 MB)
- Lesson 4 – Timetables pdf (1,008.89 KB)
- Copy of I Am an Amazing Person! Worksheet pdf (220.68 KB)
- Copy of My Top Five Worries about Returning to School Worksheet pdf (512.31 KB)
- Copy of Returning to School All About Me Activity pdf (1,017.76 KB)
- Copy of School Closure 2020 Snapshots Activity pdf (460.07 KB)
- Copy of What I Did During Lockdown Worksheet pdf (780.83 KB)
- The Den ()
Home Learning - Term 6 week 6
- 1. Monday 6th July – Year 5 pdf (3.98 MB)
- A Letter to My Future Self pdf (516.33 KB)
- 2. Tuesday 7th July – Year 5 pdf (798.85 KB)
- Lesson-2-Answers-Reasoning-about-3D-shapes pdf (2.73 MB)
- 3. Wednesday 8th July – Year 5 pdf (3.56 MB)
- 4. Thursday 9th July – Year 5 pdf (5.36 MB)
- 5. Friday 10th July – Year 5 pdf (4.40 MB)
- Choose Objects to Put in a Time Capsule Activity pdf (158.54 KB)
- Lesson-1-Answers-Regular-and-irregular-polygons pdf (3.33 MB)
- Lesson-1-Regular-and-irregular-polygons pdf (1.05 MB)
- My Home Learning 2020 Diary pdf (211.18 KB)
- Resource Pack Guide pdf (515.75 KB)
- Time Capsule Activity Booklet pdf (582.29 KB)
- Lesson-2-Reasoning-about-3D-shapes pdf (1.05 MB)
- Lesson-3-Answers-Reflection pdf (2.71 MB)
- Lesson-3-Reflection pdf (1.36 MB)
- Lesson-4-Answers-Translation pdf (2.57 MB)
- Lesson-4-Translation pdf (1.04 MB)
Home Learning - Term 6 week 5
- 1. Monday 29th June – Year 5 pdf (3.93 MB)
- Lesson 1 – Measuring with a protractor (2) pdf (1.19 MB)
- Lesson 1 Answers – Measuring with a protractor (2) pdf (2.15 MB)
- Lesson 5 – living in the Himalayas pdf (19.62 MB)
- wellbeing-journal-1 pdf (106.71 KB)
- 2. Tuesday 30th June – Year 5 pdf (1.74 MB)
- Lesson 2 – Drawing lines and angles accurately pdf (1.02 MB)
- wellbeing-journal-2 pdf (155.79 KB)
- 3. Wednesday 1st July – Year 5 pdf (3.85 MB)
- Lesson 3 – Calculating angles on a straight line pdf (837.33 KB)
- Lesson 3 Answers – Calculating angles on a straight line pdf (1.51 MB)
- wellbeing-journal-3 pdf (134.40 KB)
- 4. Thursday 2nd July – Year 5 pdf (5.08 MB)
- Lesson 4 – Calculating angles around a point pdf (981.53 KB)
- Lesson 4 Answers – Calculating angles around a point pdf (1.77 MB)
- wellbeing-journal-4 pdf (97.72 KB)
- 5. Friday 3rd July – Year 5 pdf (3.83 MB)
- wellbeing-journal-5 pdf (177.17 KB)
Home Learning Term 6- week 4
- 1. Monday 22nd June – Year 5 pdf (1,010.48 KB)
- KS2 Weekly Wellbeing Journal Pack 1 Monday year 5 pdf (1,006.79 KB)
- Lesson 1 – Subtracting decimals with the same number of decimal places year 5 monday pdf (1.21 MB)
- Lesson 1 Answers – Subtracting decimals with the same number of decimal places Monday year 5 pdf (1.59 MB)
- RESOURCE Lesson 4 – Investigating climate worksheet Monday year 5 pdf (605.22 KB)
- Lesson 4 – mountain climate Monday year 5 pdf (3.23 MB)
- 2. Tuesday 23rd June – Year 5 pdf (1.54 MB)
- KS2 Weekly Wellbeing Journal Pack 1 Tuesday year 5 pdf (1.23 MB)
- Lesson 2 – Subtracting decimals with a different number of decimal places Tuesday year 5 pdf (1.11 MB)
- Lesson 2 Answers – Subtracting decimals with a different number of decimal places Tuesday year 5 pdf (2.13 MB)
- 3. Wednesday 24th June – Year 5 pdf (850.69 KB)
- KS2 Weekly Wellbeing Journal Pack 1 Wednesday year 5 pdf (714.40 KB)
- Lesson 3 – Multiplying decimals by 10 100 and 1000 Wednesday year 5 pdf (904.39 KB)
- Lesson 3 Answers – Multiplying decimals by 10 100 and 1000 Wednesday year 5 pdf (1.48 MB)
- 4. Thursday 25th June – Year 5 pdf (1.08 MB)
- KS2 Weekly Wellbeing Journal Pack 1 Thursday year 5 pdf (893.33 KB)
- Lesson 4 – Dividing decimals by 10 100 and 1000 year 5 pdf (929.46 KB)
- Lesson 4 Answers -Dividing decimals by 10 100 and 1000 year 5 pdf (1.46 MB)
- 5. Friday 26th June – Year 5 pdf (839.17 KB)
- KS2 Weekly Wellbeing Journal Pack 1 Friday year 5 pdf (1.03 MB)
Home Learning Term 6 week 3
Home Learning - Term 6 week 2
All Home Learning - Term 6 week 1
Home Learning – Term 5 week 5.
For this weeks maths, the supporting videos can be found in ‘Summer Term Week 1’ and in ‘Summer Term Week 2.’ Link to videos: https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/year-5/
Home Learning – Term 5 week 4.
For this weeks maths, the supporting videos can be found in ‘Summer Term Week 1.’ Link to videos: https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/year-5/
Home Learning – Term 5 week 3.
For this weeks maths you will need the last video from ‘Week 2’ and the first video from ‘Summer Term week 1.) Link to videos:
For each of the reading comprehension tasks, there are 3 options (Easy, medium, hard) you may choose which one you would like to do.
There are also instructions and a knowledge organiser for a science home learning challenge below!
Home Learning - Term 5 week 2. Maths videos to support: https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/year-5/
Home Learning - Term 5 Week 1. Maths videos to support: https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/year-5/
Home learning: Comprehension
WhiteRose Maths resources with videos to support - https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/year-5/
- Home learning links docx (10.45 KB)
- Year 5 Home Learning Pack pdf (1.78 MB)
- Year 5 Home Learning Pack Guidance and Answers pdf (591.38 KB)
- Reading Activities pdf (325.17 KB)
- Year 5 Spring Themed Maths Activity Booklet pdf (6.52 MB)
- Maths Booklet Answers pdf (2.96 MB)
- Task 1 Advertise Your Town pdf (478.23 KB)
- Task 2 The Ascent pdf (658.68 KB)
- Task 3 Film Review pdf (440.75 KB)
School closure work
- Website work, instructions and links pdf (35.82 KB)
- Y5 Guided Reading paper pdf (769.01 KB)
- Y5 TT rockstars pdf (82.17 KB)
- Y5 Fractions example 1 pdf (2.20 MB)
- Y5 Fractions example 2 pdf (2.16 MB)
- Y5 Fractions example 3 pdf (2.02 MB)
- Y5 Fractions example 4 pdf (2.02 MB)
- Y5 Maths 1 pdf (1.01 MB)
- Y5 Maths 2 pdf (1.09 MB)
- Y5 Maths 3 pdf (1.09 MB)
- Y5 Maths 4 pdf (850.15 KB)
- Y5 Maths 5 pdf (979.77 KB)
- Y5 Maths 6 pdf (832.98 KB)
Leading up to British science week, the Lions have been revisiting all of the work that we did on climate change. Today, they used their computer skills to research further into particular areas of climate change such as deforestation, pollution and what is happening in the rainforests.
As part of our whole school RE meets Art project, the Lions were given the task of recreating a piece of artwork that represents salvation. We had a big discussion about what this means and decided together what we wanted the final product to look like.
There is something from each member of the class on this piece of art work and we think that it represents salvation perfectly!
The Water Cycle
Year 5 began their topic on the water cycle by listening to and learning a song explaining the process. They then got into groups to explore some vocabulary and present to the class how the water cycle works.
Next lesson they will be drawing their own diagrams of the water cycle before moving on to some work on mountains!
The Lions started off this term by reading the beginning of our new text How To Live Forever by Colin Thompson. They explored the illustrations in the text and even got to start a 1000 piece puzzle of one of the illustrations which they are determined to finish by the end of this term. They also did some great writing inspired by the text, describing what an old library might look,smell and sound like.
The Lions are looking forward to finding out what happens next in the story!
The Lions had a very special visitor last week who told us all about the forces used in every day engineering!
Rachel is studing civil engineering at Bath University and came to talk to us all about her job, the forces used within it and she even helped us make our own pulley systems!
This term year 5 are learning about forces in science! Today we tested gravity and the effects that changing weight has on it.
Our question for the experiment was ‘ does changing the weight of the cupcake case, affect the time in which it takes to fall to the floor?’ After some very fair tests and writing out the experiment, the lions all agreed that the heavier the object, the quicker it falls!
Today the lions used their Kung Fu skills to practise punctuation! They re-told one of the chapters of our text ‘There’s a boy in the girls bathroom’ and are ready to write their own passages of dialogue!
Out with the old and in with the new!
Back to school means back to forest school! Today the lions collected all of the old Christmas trees from around the forest and put them into one big pile, ready to made into kindling for the fires! They then trecked across the playground and carried all of the donated chrsitmas trees back to the forest ready to be used for all sorts over the next year. Today the lions used them to make the most luxurious hotels for the cuddly toys that live in the forest and there were some great creations!
Year 5 had the opportunity to walk to our local church and experience the Star Trail! They learned all about the Christmas story and why the kings brought frankinsence, gold and myrrh. The trail finished with a Christmas quiz!
Last week, lions performed in our termly award ceremony and amazed the audience with their broadcast about different elements of climate change. They produced different interviews about pollution, deforestation, the seas and the earth’s resources.
Two of our lion’s also produced some lovely artwork reminding everyone to RECYCLE!
The lion’s have started their forest school lessons and have been exploring, creating and playing. They have had hot chocolate and marshmallows, done some target practice, started fires and made some jewelry out of sticks! And there is much more to come!
This just in!
Year 5 have been creating, performing and writing their own broadcasts! We have been discussing the features of a broadcast including the formal language and stock phrases.
The Lions are looking forward to performing a class broadcast in the awards assembly this term!
The Lions finished term one by creating their own baby mobile solar systems! The class worked in groups to paper mache, paint and construct their mobiles which have become a great decoration in our classroom!
In English, year 5 have started their persuasive writing by writing an advert to sell toothpaste! They performed these to each other trying to persuade the rest of the class to buy their product!
Visit From a Scientist!
Last week the lions had a visit from a physicist who taught us all about the planets and their distance from the sun! We had great fun outside marking out the distances converted to metres and then came inside to memorise the order of the planets and have a question and answer session.
Earth and Space
The lions kicked off our earth and space topic by discussing how and why shadows are created! We went outside on the hour every hour to measure our shadows and then made a link to our learning in maths by creating a table of data and a line graph of our findings!
The Lions started of the year inventing some creative sequences of balances in gymnastics! In our next gymnastics lesson the children will be combining their sequences with each other’s and creating a longer balance sequence to music.
This year we have launched our book quest where the children can take a book out of the class library and tick it off their book quest list when they have finished! In the Lion’s den they can also add a piece of lego to their name on our ‘Lego of your imagination and read’ board! This picture shows the lions in our “drop it and read” session enjoying their new book quest book!